Artist Painter, Benjamin Casiano
- Born & raised in the NYC area
- Raised by Puerto Rican born parents
- BFA graduate from Pratt Institute, Brooklyn NY
- Board member at the Stamford Art Association
- Resident of Stratford CT
Influence: Rothko, Bacon, De Kooning & Kline
Movement: Abstract Expressionism
Benjamin Casiano is originally a commercial artist by profession but always love painting throughout his entire life. His style has gone through phases ranging from photorealism to cubism. But it was the abstract expressionist movement that had
the most profound effect on where his prolific work is today.
Currently painting acrylics on canvas and on paper, he minimize the amount of color predominating the variation of form making his work largely confine to a periphery motif. Using geometric form of abstract takes a monochromic effect with loose brushstroke technique that creates a style of expressionism.
Constantly utilizes & imparts tones with rich textures, he creates a intense definition. By doing so he improves & refines his minimalistic approach, executing with a meticulous eye, balancing a dramatic presence beyond it's initial appearance. This approach takes his amorphous shape in a coalesce of a window or portal that becomes a metaphor to his subconscious of love, passion & mystery.
Reception: Friday Sept 21, 5:30PM-8:30PM
- The Westport River Art Gallery in CT. 2010 - Present
- The Firehouse Art Gallery in Milford CT. 2010 - Present
- SoBoBo Art Gallery Milford CT. 2011- Present
- Stamford Art Association CT. 2011
- Art Exhibition at City Hall Annex, (City Lights Art Gallery) Bridgeport, CT 2011
Please note: Copyrights for ALL ARTWORKS on this site are property of Benjamin Casiano.
All rights reserved. They are not to be used for any purpose without written permission or consent.
See Puerto Rico like you've never seen it before by staying at one of our charming vacation rentals by owners like Villas de COSTA MAR in Dorado Puerto Rico. They also sponsor this website and are main contributors to our exsistence so please visit their website...